SNICA is setting new benchmarks.
Paper folding and inserting devices have been making work easier and reducing processing times in offices for many decades now. Their use is becoming more and more important today, both with the individualisation of postal procedures and in customer relationship management. Commercially available devices that still use old buckle folding technologies are, however, increasingly reaching their limits. They may now have only restricted use in fulfilling the requirements resulting from the rapid changes occurring in office automation and mail management.
Semi-automatic folding and enveloping for the price of a mobile phone.
Project SF20, which incorporates SNICA’s extremely small and compact rotation folding technology, represents another quantum leap in folding technology. It offers a highly cost-effective and time-saving alternative for all those applications where a conventional folding & enveloping machine is not viable.
What benefits does Project SF20 offer?
Needs encredibly little space.
- Fits on any desktop and is always quickly at hand.
- Saves valuable space on the desktop.
- Physical Dimensions:
- Lenght: 330mm
- Depht: 130mm
- Hight: 300mm
- Weight: Approx. 5 kg
Powerful and exceptionally user-friendly.
- Extremely simple handling thanks to a fully electronic control system.
- Multi-sheet feed of up to 3 sheets with only one tray, ensuring only minimum space requirements.
- Paper size recognition and automatically adjusting of the folding parameters.
- Collecting function with overview screen or OMR codification – thus, the time-consuming manual feeding of each individual document set required by current commercially available devices is rendered unnecessary.
- Fast: 720 letters per hour.
- Minimum maintenance.
Environmentally compatible and economically efficient.
- Project SF20 greatly reduces the raw material required as well as packaging costs and energy consumption.
- High cost efficiency thanks to semi-automatic functional design.
- For conventional envelopes with dry gluing.
- Semi-automatic enveloping
- Multi-sheet feeding up to 3 sheets
- Processing speed up to 720 cycles per hour
- Semi-automatic feed mode up to 4 sheets
- Job memory
- OMR-Code or collating bush button
- Overview screen
- Fold only
- Folding speed up to 60 ppm
- Type of Fold: Z-Fold, C-Fold, Single, Double parallel, Offset Z
- Form Width Max. 225mm
- Form Lenght Max. 356mm
- Weight 60 – 120 g/m²
- Conventional envelopes with dry gluing
- C5/C6, C5, DL+
The Z-fold or zigzag fold is the folding type preferred by most recipients of letters.
- The text remains fully visible.
- The document can easily be held in a position that is perfect for reading.
- Several sheets can be stacked upon each other.
- The text will always face inwards – no envelopes with visual protection are required.
- In case of Z-fold and offset-Z, no duplex print is required if window envelopes are used.
- In case of automatic enveloping, Z-folds usually cause a higher failure rate because of the upturned leading edge.
SNICA rotation folding system
Now with enhanced performance.
You can’t get any smaller. It is comparable to the dimensions of a credit card. The rotation system operates without the space-consuming bags, sheet-stoppers and control elements. Space requirements are reduced – despite an extended scope of functions – to a tenth as compared to conventional technology. SNICA technology was developed as a folding module for universal application in office equipment. It brings a level of flexibility previously unheard of both in construction and in design and opens up new application possibilities in the areas of mail management, accounting and filing.
Applications opened up by SNICA rotation folding system
The system was extensively tested during its development based on specific application op-tions. The development/production status of these projects extends from the initial concept to beta testing and field testing.
SNICA is unmistakably small and is always quickly at hand. A significant customer benefit as work surfaces are usually limited in space.
Tops for printers
SNICA is the only folding technology worldwide that can be mounted on a laser printer with-out reduction of its performance. Top-folders reduce the work steps to one third without need for additional space (Prototype).
The work accuracy of the SNICA modules has been tested with perforated self-mailers (symbolic representation).
Modular mail management system
- Folding & semi-automatic inserting
- Folding & sealing
- Folding & automatic inserting & e-franking
letter is better – why write letters
Any form of social communication – whether phone or letter, e-mail, SMS, Facebook or in-stant messaging – is known to have its strengths and weaknesses and its specific areas of application. A few years ago communication experts considered letters an outdated means of communication. Today we have realised the contrary is true. The letter as a form of written message has developed into a very important means to establish and keep up customer contacts. All kinds of letters – be it individual letters and mailings, real-, hybrid- or online versions – are indispensable in the CRM (Cus-tomer Relationship Management). Letters represent your enterprise. Thus it has a diplomatic dimension, even in the age of the inter-net. The moment you receive a letter is closest to personal contact. It creates an atmosphere of sympa-thy, appreciation and trust. Genuine letters honours their recipients. The Internet, as a passive medium, is especially dependent on external information regard-ing the corresponding websites. This is where postal mail is gaining increased importance.